Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cider-Cinnamon Brussels Sprouts

I guess now would be a good time for me to insert the standard excuses for how busy my life has been and to explain myself for neglecting my portion of the whole "two minds" framework. BUT it's true, my life has been going through some changes (nothing bad) that have required a lot of traveling and sacrifice of the free time I normally spend experimenting in the kitchen. That being said, I'm back in my rampant cooking mode, so let's hope I'm able to keep up with Rona on posting recipes.

To ease my transition back into the blogosphere, here's a very simple recipe that even the worst cook can handle.


If you like the taste of brussels sprouts, this is a great recipe that perfectly meshes their somewhat bitter taste with the sweet taste of the fruit.


Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
1 large apple, diced
1 large pear, diced
1 cup apple cider
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Preparation

1) Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.

2) Add brussel sprouts flat side down and flip once or twice, until browned, approximately 10-12 minutes.

3) Add the apple and pear and cook until soft.

4) Add cider and cinnamon and simmer until all of the liquid evaporates.



Easy peasy. Enjoy!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love reading them and we will do our best to respond to everyone who comments!